Friday, June 08, 2007

rice Fakes??

Unbelievable.
I've recently encountered a snack that is not only chocolatey and sweet enough to pass as a satisfying dessert, but that also won't blow a hole in your small intestine. Indeed, Quaker Chocolate Rice Cakes are surprisingly rich and tasty. The chocolate taste isn't that which you get from, say, a chocolate twizzler. The aftertaste from one of those is worse than the spiced antelope tongue I had at my mother's 16th birthday party. You know what I mean.
No, the rice cakes offer a light but crunchy and satisfying texture with a real chocolate taste. The best part is it's only 60 calories and one fat gram per 8 mini cakes, or for one normal size. This is good news for Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin, and skinny bitches.

Try 'em out. And, Quaker, I assume my check for doing your PR is in my butt.

Take care, dear readers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Amato said...

Quakers Rice Cakes have become increasingly popular in my place of residence, 257 Varsity Lane.

While I choose not to eat them, my roommates, choose to eat nothing else. We shelve bags and bags of the Quakers Caramel Rice Cakes. I mean for snacking purposes, they are superb. They're light and they do not cause you to feel like you just ate a woolly mammoth.

But, my roommates decided they would dip the Caramel Rice Cakes in peanut butter. So now you got this rice cake, unbelievably small and round, with a giant scoop of peanut butter on it. - Good? I tried it once and it left me begging for more.

So my roommate decided to buy the Quakers Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Cakes. I gave them a test run. Although they are delicious, they do not do the same as the Caramel Rice Cakes dipped in peanut butter.

I would suggest the dip. But hey, to each it's own. But don't miss out on these cakes. Quaker does more than just oatmeal.

P.S. I do not endorse Quaker products and although they are part of PepsiCo which provides smart choices. The Quaker logo on all their products (Quaker John C. Burns) died of a heart attack. Apparently he didn't eat enough oats.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter