Monday, July 09, 2007

Wendy's v. the Board of Education

I know I'm not the only person to go to Wendy's on a hot summer day in hot pursuit of a Frosty. I know I'm not the only person who had a huge problem last August when the Wendy's corporation put a dead ferret in charge of its menu and came up with "the vanilla Frosty."

"Chocolate Frosty." That's a redundancy.

"Vanilla Frosty." That's more than a contradiction. That's a disgusting bastardization of something we've known and loved since 1969. "Vanilla Frosty" makes Dave Thomas roll over in his grave at 600 RPM.

I didn't say anything about this abomination a year ago because, while I disagreed with "vanilla Frosty" in principle, its existence didn't really affect me.

That is... until yesterday. I ordered a chocolate Frosty at the drive-thru.

"We're out of chocolate."

WHAT?

As if that wasn't bad enough, the punk had the audacity to ask "is vanilla OK?"

Are you kidding? Is genocide OK?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the only person to go to Wendy's on a hot summer day in pursuit of a Frosty

-mijell

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would hardly compare Vanilla to genocide...Vanilla is far more dangerous. What are you your thoughts on the new vanilla float they've been serving this summer? Mine skimmed down my throat like a new Jaguar.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Every time I go to Wendy's and order a Frosty, I do not specify, then make a moderately large deal about being hassled about having to say "chocolate." Wendy's has lost my heart with this move.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter