Saturday, July 12, 2008

Burritos: a love story

When I first met burritos, their imposing circumference and weighty innards did nothing to water my mouth. I avoided the infant-sized "Mexican" creation, despite their accessibility.

No matter how often they came around, in my mom's kitchen, on my favorite restaurants' menus, I refused to give in. One time a burrito left roses on my doorstep. Still, no.

Then one Spring morn a burrito chain opened in my hometown. I was promised a free one and lunchtime hunger pangs -- and an empty wallet -- complied. The burrito I received -- a melting pot of black beans beans and rice and spicy chicken -- satisfied my appetite in a way I hadn't felt for a long time. It was love at first bite.

Also, later, it was indigestion and gas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter