Monday, June 02, 2008

Insalts

My second high school boyfriend was surprised when he found Slim Jims in my backpack during art class.

"Girls don't like salty meats," he said, puzzled but charmed.

"Oh yes they do, Barky," I offered back. I called him Barky because he was a panda bear.

Am I really an anomaly among women in that I like jerkies and dried beef sticks? I get it honestly; many family members enjoy beef, warped so it looks like a dry turd.

They are convenient and full of protein -- the meat, that is. And my family.

My dentist gives me turkey bacon after check-ups when I don't bite his fingers. What's not to love?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kacie said...

I don't like Slim Jims, but I do like other types of jerky. My dentist doesn't give me ANY treats for not biting. You lucky butt.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

i like beef jerky. And though slim jims are embarrassing b/c only people on the show Cops like them... I like them too.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter