Tuesday, April 08, 2008

lasagna: a near death experience

I nearly avoided a rumble at the grocery store last weekend. Having never made lasagna before, I knew I was in for a potentially bumpy ride. I researched the topic beforehand, but I ended up going to the store sans grocery list or recipe with nothing to follow but my heart.

After loading up my red plastic basket, I cruised on into the produce section for some zucchinis. OK, I know that "cukes" refers to cucumbers, but I've never seen that kind of casual hip-hop lingo used in a respected establishment like a grocery store.

As soon as I set my two faux zucchinis down on the self-check scanner, I realized my horrible mistake. I left my groceries at the register and frantically ran back for the zukes. The line of shoppers behind me flashed their concealed weapons, clearly wanting me dead.

I somehow made it home with only a few shallow shank jabs and all the right ingredients, as frightening as some of them might be. (ahem, ricotta cheese)

And for the record, how great is it that parmesan cheese never expires? It's better than Twinkies. Growing up as a kid, how many years did that green canister of Kraft Parmesan sit in your fridge? It's still there, right? Still good.

Also, does anyone want some leftover lasagna noodles?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I want some lasagna noodles to lay on my bare skin at night.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

that can be arranged. but warning: they're like leaches. TMI?

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter