Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It’s hot, it’s hot, it’s hot in here; there must be some chili in the atmosphere


Everyone seems to like their chili a very specific way. Soupy. Hot. On top of spaghetti. Covered in cheese. Without beans. Without tomatoes.

What’s wrong with these people?

I like my chili like I like my industrial waste. Thick and chunky. And I eat it cold. Yeah, I’m in the minority. But once I had a chili party and everyone thought my chili was damn good, even if they ate around the tomatoes or the beans.

My chili recipe that you probably won’t like:

Ingredients
Two yellow onions
Chopped garlic
Two large cans petite diced tomatoes
4 cans beans (any beans you want, really. Kidney, pinto, ambiguous “chili” beans)
Chili powder
Cayenne pepper
1-2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg peeled mini carrots
1 box adorable pasta (mini shells, mini bowties, etc)

1. Boil the carrots
2. Finely chop the onions. Prepare to cry.
3. Sautee onions with a few tablespoons of chopped garlic until brownish
4. Dump tomatoes, beans, and onion into large pot over a low heat. (Feel free to include natural juices. You’ll need them.)
5. Brown ground beef. Dump into pot.
6. Boil the pasta. Leave it al dente.
7. Drain pasta and carrots and dump into pot.
8. Add chopped garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper to taste.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter