Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tunasty?

All my life I've been forced to hide the fact that I love tuna fish. Only recently, I've been unpacking the reasons why.

1. it radiates an overwhelming stink, and lends itself to off-color hygiene jokes.

2. actually, that's the only reason.

I don't deny its stench. Because you have to throw it away outside or it permeates otherwise nicely smelling homes with fish odor. Because if any of the tuna's natural juice secretes into one's clothing or skin the diner smells like the fish. And because, in general, people dislike that smell. I've never seen a salmon perfume, after all.

What can I say? The protein-rich meat levels my blood sugar and provides the energy of a toddler.

But I will continue to blush when adult male family members say they never liked girls who smell like tuna. Oh my cod, I trout you know what that feels like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

But what about all the mercury?!?!?!?!?!?!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter