Monday, March 17, 2008

Let’s get saucy!


Condiments have an explicit function as defined by society’s strict expectations—used sparingly as a compliment to food for spreading, dipping, dashing, squirting, etc. And NEVER eaten alone. We all know the “proper” way to eat condiments, but how many people break the rules?

Do you suck on ketchup packets like they’re full of sweet nectar? Do you ladle nacho cheese directly onto your cat? Do you fill a kiddie pool with ranch dressing and have an ultimate wrestling showdown? Tell us about it! Please!

The Food Blog wants to know: What’s your condiment guilty pleasure?

I’ll tell you my hedonistic condiment eating ritual. I dump some chocolate chips into a cup and eat them with a peanut butter-covered spoon. I also vaguely recall, maybe kinda, sorta squirting smiley faces of whipped cream onto the floor and having my dog lick them up.

And Michelle eats sticks of butter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teibs said...

I like salsa by itself. This isn't that rare, I know, but I do it and I love it. Also, I like to mix mustard with other mustards to create a super mustard.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

BUTTER SCHTICKS!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

ummm, so sometimes i get so much honey mustard with my chicken fingers at fridays that no matter how much dipping i do I can't eat it all (and that's saying something bc i am an experienced dipper who maximizes my HM consumption).

When there's some left over i will drink it. Not kidding.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter