Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cheese debate in your face


Today the floggers take sides in a debate on a controversial subject that affects billions of people worldwide. How much cheese belongs on a sandwich?


Cheese got me on my knees beggin' please baby please
A sandwich with too much cheese lurks in the realm of Santa Claus, unicorns, and Eskimos. It simply does not exist. You can't put too much cheese on a sandwich. You can't! I love that feeling of biting into cheese on top of cheese. A proper delicious sandwich should be stacked. It's gotta be like a lasagna, or the earth's crust, or the depths of my personality. Layers, baby, it's about layers. Can I get a Amen?

Of course I'm talking about a deli sandwich with real cheese. If you're ladling nacho cheese onto a sandwich at Arby's or stacking slimy American "cheese" onto greasy burgers or squirting Cheeze Whiz into your mouthz, then all proclamations of cheese infinity are void.
-j

Double queso? Aw, hail no

Like mascara and the Clinton family, less is more when it comes to dairy. Too much cheese on pizzas and sandwiches makes me gag.

Maybe it's the smell or the sometimes-curdled or too soft look that makes me queasy over cheesy, or maybe it's the fact that, actually, cheese is mold.

Double cheese can be devastating to an otherwise desirable meal.

Moreover, I don't want to eat anything that can sit in the sun for eight hours and not make me puke up my freaking bloody guts. And I especially don't want anything like that on my perfectly good deli sandwiches.

Brie end.
-m

8 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

What about the infamous cheese sandwich? How does that factor into your calculations?

Sometimes I squeeze some of the velveeta cheese for mac & cheese into my mouth. Mmmmm.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

grilled cheese, I'm totes down with that. Obvi Michelle is not.

But as a doctor, I must insist you not do that with the velveeta.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Teibs said...

Long live extra cheese!! 3 slices at minimum. Let us all agree that the value of cheese skyrockets exponentially upon the melting of it. And it became law.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm OK with grilled cheese so long as the bread is thick and the cheese is thin. That's what she said. Wait -- not sure if that works there.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Teibs said...

Michelle-

Good try, but it is not t.w.s.s. worthy

2:20 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Zack--You've always had this supremist attitude about TWSS, like someone died and made you the official line judge. In this modern day of sexual freedom, a man or a woman (or someone who identified otherwise) could very well have sexual preferences that lie with thick bread and thin cheese. Who are you to say that's wrong? You're only trying to suppress people with your prejudice and closed mindedness. Get with the aughts, bro

11:09 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Mmmmmmm...food. Joanna, you've captured a very crucial part of my soul with this blog. As for cheese, I gots to have it, but on a sandwich it's a no go. Call me crazy, but unless that bread is crusty hot and the cheese is a bubblin', I'm just not interested. I will be back.

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now joanna, this is why we got along. there is never such a thing as too much cheese. i have an unhealthy chemical dependence on it.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter