Monday, March 03, 2008

Turn your head and coffee

I'm so overly caffeinated right now I'm not even sure I can create a coherent blog entry. I feel so ashamed that I obviously learned nothing from arguably the most memorable and intense episode of Saved by the Bell: Jessie's "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so so scared" caffeine addiction. I am a recovering caffeine addict myself. I started drinking coffee when I was in second grade. I guess that seems kind of young, but my parents really like coffee and took me on tours of coffee farms so it just kind of happened. It's not like it was always LSD and orgies. But just a quick glance at a maybe/maybe not credible Wikipedia entry on caffeine makes caffeine look real scary.

I'm led to believe that a huge percentage of the population drinks coffee every morning. I'm also led to believe (by Wikipedia) that millions of coffee drinkers have been enslaved by a horrible demon who haunts their dreams every night with images of pure evil. This, I try to avoid. But on the train this morning, during the most intense Willy-Wonky-scary-boat-ride-esque segment of the N/W line between Queensboro Plaza and Lexington Avenue, everyone on the train had coffee and it smelled so good. I had to have it. And then there are the bonus perks-- with Starbucks in hand everyone could see that I was A) very important and B) in a hurry. But I regret this decision now as my heartbeat is faster than that of a pancake at a lumberjack convention, if pancakes had hearts and the ability to feel fear. And I'm running around the office with a toy fire truck asking everyone to play with me while throwing Cheerios. Here's to cautionary examples.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Did you see the pictures of the caffeinate spider webs on Wikipedia? They scared me. Not enough to give up caffeine, though. Just enough to stop being a spider.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter