Monday, April 14, 2008

Modified beverages

Please don't hate me for offering another Starbucks post, or for spending money at the sometimes-controversial coffee distributor.

I've visited the shop -- one half mile from my house, right on my way to work, so freaking convenient -- approximately twice a week for the last three weeks. My downfall? Iced lattes.

Ordering one this morning, I got a little embarrassed. Because I was blowing three bucks on something I could have made for a fourth of that price on my own? Yes. But also, because of how many adjectives my coffee drink got.

Iced, tall, skinny, vanilla. The quartet of words that prefaced the base noun -- latte. That's ridiculous. And indulgent. And too much fanfare for an actually mediocre morning beverage.

Am I wrong? Usually.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

i'd say an iced latte is less embarrassing than a frappuccino.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter