Friday, July 20, 2007

Nutella ... not baduh!

Upon a return from the Wal-Mart Supercenter less than a mile from our humble home in SexistFatPeople, Indiana, my mom/landlord unearthed a special surprise: Nutella.

The spread, with a consistency of creamy peanut butter, is described on its unassuming 13 oz jar as a "hazelnut spread with skim milk & cocoa." While I know nothing about nuts, the hazel variety has swept me off my feet, at least in this condensed, partially-hydrogenated form.

What to do with the spread was a problem initially. Spread it on crackers? Shampoo my dog? Cut myself with paperclips and assassinate King Phillip? The difficulty of the decision is intensified by the idea that Nutella isn't something you eat as the base of a meal, unless you're Pam (see butter pound cake thisisafoodblog.com entry). Indeed it's something one adds to a bread-like item to enhance its flavor tenfold. I've been putting it on English muffins, bagels and glue sticks. It's chocolatey taste warms my entire body and helps me make important decisions about property tax relief options.

Happy Birthday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had the stuff yesterday. In San Fransisco. On a crepe. It's better than on bread!

This stuff is brown gold!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Did you know that Nutella is Kobe Bryant's favorite snack?

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Kobe Bryant's favorite snack was vagina?

4:44 PM  
Blogger jordohman said...

Once, while under the influence of genius, I put nutella on brownies. After the heart attack subsided, I determine that I had invented the Best Food Ever.

9:07 AM  
Blogger lindz.italiano said...

We have Nutella by the kilo in Italy!

Do you remember how we had those little snack things with breadsticks and chemically produced cheeze as kids? They have those with NUTELLA!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter