Thursday, December 18, 2008

Butter, sweat and tears


I don't know if you missed this week's hot NYT's article on Butter. The gist of it is, "Your holiday baking turns out terrible every year because you're a moron. And you might as well kill yourself if you don't start using butter correctly." Unlike one source, I can't say my cookies have ever turned out so poorly it made me cry. Making cookies would only make me cry if they came to life and then fought a bloody civil war against each other until they were all dead. But I did learn from the Times that butter is full of "secrets," not unlike a woman's heart. I also learned that once you melt it, you've basically rendered it worthless as an ingredient. This faux pas I've committed!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't you just replace butter in all baking recipes with "I can't believe it's not butter"?

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter