Friday, August 18, 2006

Melon Keller

Ahh, melon. One knows it's summertime in Indiana when the front display at the local Kroger features ripe, fruit fly-covered cantaloupes. The vision of such is a God-send, but, not unlike plums, picking out and consuming the "wrong" melon can result in a bad hair day and an unwanted baby.

I owe this post to my mother in that she is my primary mentor when in comes to picking out ripened fruits.

Yesterday her lessons persisted when I learned how to choose a delicious melon - as it's hard to tell from its peel if it will be juicy and sweet - not unlike bald heads.

The trick?

"Make sure it smells like melon," said my mom aka Miss America 1945 aka awesome.

Thus, it is clear where I inherited my brilliance.

Go team fruit salad!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy's has Vanilla Frosties. Revolutionary.

-Nina

10:23 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

That's right, melons can't see or hear.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter