Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Crusty Magee


Dear Food Blog:
What is the perfect pie crust recipe? Somebody mentioned something crude to me about just using butter and flour; it can't be that easy, can it?
Ready to Roll

Dear Ready,
Of course it's that easy! Easier! You don't even need the flour, just use butter. Perhaps you've heard that Paul McCartney song "
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey," where Paul says "Admiral Halsey notified me, He had to have a berth or he couldn't get to sea, I had another look and I had a cup of tea and butter pie." I've been to England on three separate trips in search of the butter pie and have yet to discover its true identity. Maybe it's a Liverpool specialty. So to answer your question, I don't know how to make pie crust.


Do you have a food-related question? Email us at thisisafoodblog@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site hit counter